FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1) What Is MyKad Smart Shopper (MSS)?
MyKad Smart Shopper is a loyalty program that uses MyKad as its membership ID. With your registered MyKad you gain access to exclusive retail privileges at our participating merchants’ outlets.
2) What are the benefits offered by MSS?
You get to enjoy the retail privileges of earning Cash Points and Reward Points at MSS participating merchants’ outlets. These points will help you to save while you shop. (Note: 1 Cash Point is equivalent to RM1)
3) Who is eligible to become a MSS member?
As long as you’re a MyKad holder, you are eligible to become a member.
4) How can I register myself as a MSS Member?
You can register yourself through MyKad Smart Shopper official website or through our affiliates.
5) Are there any membership fees and do I need to renew my MSS membership?
The membership is totally free! However, you must have at least 1 transaction in a 6-months period for your membership to remain active. The active period will be reset to the full 6 months after each transaction.
6) If I register as a Mykad Smart Shopper, how long does it take for my membership to get activated?
- Once you have registered your MyKad, the membership activates immediately.
7) Is our data protected since we are using our MyKad?
Yes. Your data is protected and the program is endorsed by MDEC.
8) How do I login to the MSS portal?
You may login to the MSS portal through www.mykadshopper.com
9) What if I forget my password?
Access the MyKad Smart Shopper portal, and click on ‘Forgot Password’. Fill in the details and the new password will be emailed to you. From there, follow the instructions given.
10) What is my username and password?
Once you’ve registered, insert your IC number as both your username and password.
11) I’ve made an error with my MyKad number. Is there any way I can change it?
Yes. Kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org to request for a change of MyKad number.
12) Can I change my email address? How?
Yes. Kindly email email@example.com to request a change of email address.
13) Can I change my password?
Yes. You can change your password at the MSS portal.
14) What is E-PIN?
E-PIN is your own unique security number used for redemptions and to void your transactions at participating merchants using the terminal. You are able to change your E-PIN through the MSS portal.
15) How can I find MyKad Smart Shopper participating merchants?
Find our participating merchants through www.mykadshopper.com or MSS Discover app.
16) Will I get my points immediately after making a purchase/transaction?
No. Your points will be credited to your account within 72 hours after you’ve made a purchase.
17) How to redeem Cash Points and Reward Points and where to redeem it?
- You may redeem Cash Points at any of our participating merchants for any goods or services. 1 Cash Point = RM1
- Exchange your Reward Points for merchandises offered by MyKad Smart Shopper by logging in to the MSS portal. Browse for items that you like and follow the remaining step in the portal to complete your redemption.
18) How do I find out the amount of points I have collected?
Check the amount of points you’ve collected by logging in to the MSS portal and view your points on the ‘Account Information’ section. Alternatively, you can check through the MSS Discover mobile app.
19) Will I lose my points if I lose my Mykad?
No, your points are bind to your account and not your MyKad.
20) Can I transfer my points to someone else?
No, you aren’t able to do so.
21) Why do the points entitlements differ amongst participating merchants?
Different merchants offer different services. Thus, the point entitlement is solely based on the merchants’ discretion and what they have to offer.
22) How do I keep track of my MSS transactions?
All of your MSS transactions are recorded on the MSS member portal. You are able to view it there
23) I seem to be collecting points very slowly. How can I speed it up?
Shop more! The points you collect is based on the frequency of your purchase. The more you shop, the more points you earn.
24) Is there any expiry date for my points?
6 months, if there’s no transaction being made, your Cash Points will be used as account maintenance fees. Your Reward Points will be voided.
25) Can I still earn points if I don’t present my MyKad?
Yes, you still can. Just provide the merchants with your MyKad number.
26) Can I redeem points without presenting my MyKad?
No. You have to present your MyKad as this prevents others from stealing your points.
27) What if I’m interested to join as a merchant? Where can I get the information?
Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in becoming a merchant.
28) Is there any reward for introducing MSS to family and friends?
No. There is no reward for introducing MSS to family and friends.